Thursday 26 June 2014

26.6.14 - North buttress, Buachaille Etive Mor

Late this morning Ali and I set out for the Buachaille and in particular, North Buttress.  This route is my standard 'bad mood route', what I mean by this is, if I'm in a bad mood, I head for North Buttress because there is no bad mood in the world that cant be lost in the sheer enjoyment of this beautiful route.  The point of today was to get Ali leading, placing gear and building belays, all of which she did in fine style.  We enjoyed awesome views amongst the best scrambling/climbing at its grade (Moderate).  Another great day out on the Buachaille, If you haven't done it, get on it! 

Ali leads off on the first crack system 

Ali's gear placement review - bomber!

Ali got fed up leading  
scrambling up the final rocky section to the summit

I love this environment dearly 

No comments:

Post a Comment